Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2019
Wander through the city's labyrinthine streets, the smell of pancakes and spicy speculaas coffee linger as you dodge the swarm of bicycles that pound the city's cobbled lanes.
- ORIENTATION in Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam
- CRUISE of Amsterdam's canals
- TICKETS for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season as an alternative to Gouda (end March until mid-May)
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING in Amsterdam, enjoy a guided visit to the Rijksmuseum with a group size of no more than 25 guests
- 5 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (714) 282-1126 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14180783
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2018
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Arrive Amsterdam (5 Nights): Welcome to the picture-perfect city of Amsterdam, buzzing with bicycles and boats. Every alley leads to another cosy bruin cafe and the canals are more plentiful than in Venice. Delve into the gezelligheid of Amsterdam during a city orientation - to see its beautifully preserved medieval buildings and tree-lined canals. Then, enjoy a Welcome Reception and laidback city cruise along the winding canals, soaking up the alluring setting as you enjoy a light meal.Welcome Reception|
Ramada Apollo Centre
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Amsterdam Sightseeing including the Rijksmuseum: This morning, we enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum, home to masterpieces of Rembrandt, Hals and Vermeer. Spend the rest of the day on your own. End your day with delicious local flavours at one of the city's many cosy restaurants. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Amsterdam||Amsterdam - Excursion to Haarlem, Zaanse Schans and Volendam: Take a trip back in time to discover the centuries-old traditions of Holland stopping in the pretty town of Haarlem. We join a Local Specialist this morning for a visit to the Corrie ten Boom House and Museum. Learn how this watchmaker helped countless Jews escape Nazi prosecution during World War II, which would ultimately lead to her arrest. 'Dive Into Culture' and visit Zaanse Schans to sample delicious Dutch cheeses and investigate the inner-workings of one of the country's many windmills. Along the way, you'll learn about the Zuiderzee, and its incredible story of land reclamation and battle against the encroaching sea. We travel to the fishing village of Volendam on the shores of the IJsselmeer, our gateway into a Holland of yesteryear. This evening, we join some of our local friends on a farm and indulge in a meal of authentic Dutch delicacies.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 4||Amsterdam||Amsterdam - Excursion to The Hague, Delft, Rotterdam and Kinderdijk: This morning, we travel to the stately capital of The Hague and the heart of Dutch politics, where we will learn about the International Court of Justice, housed within the beautifully designed Peace Palace. The pretty blue and white pottery of Delft takes centre stage next as we 'Dive Into Culture' during an exclusive tour with a Local Specialist to the factory that produces these delicate pieces. Our next stop is edgy Rotterdam, which was almost completely rebuilt after World War II. Ascend the iconic Euromast Tower for spectacular panoramic views of the world's largest port city before returning to Amsterdam, via Kinderdijk, to see the stunning views of a series of 18th-century windmills. Get a real taste of the city with Trafalgar's exclusive Eatwith Optional Experience and share delicious traditional flavours with a local family in their home. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Amsterdam||Amsterdam - Excursion to Gouda (Keukenhof excursion included during Tulip Season as an alternative to Gouda): The powerful aroma of delicious Dutch cheese will infuse our senses today. Seemingly frozen in time with its beautiful 15th-century town hall and medieval cheese weighing station, Gouda's status as a cheese trading town dates back to the Middle Ages. 'Dive Into Culture' and witness this proud tradition first-hand in the town's beautiful Market Square, before spending the rest of the day at leisure (Please note, during the opening of Keukenhof, an excursion to see the tulip fields will be included instead of the visit to Gouda). Returning to Amsterdam this evening, you'll be treated to a superb Farewell Dinner in the heart of the city.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 6||Depart Amsterdam||Depart Amsterdam: The time has come to bid tot ziens to the magnificent city and your fellow travellers after an enjoyable At Leisure encounter with Amsterdam and the surrounding Dutch countryside. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply. Buffet Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class