Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2020
This zesty fiesta through Spain includes the ornate Alhambra Palace in Granada, El Greco's masterpiece in Toledo and the vibrant seaside city of Barcelona.
- ORIENTATION of Valencia
- VISIT the Synagogue and Santo Tome in Toledo, Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba, the Cathedral in Seville, the Alhambra Palace in Granada, Montjuic Hill and Placa de Catalunya in Barcelona
- VIEW the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain in Madrid, the Cave Homes of Guadix, the Serrano and Quart Towers and the City of Arts and Sciences complex in Valencia and La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
- 8 breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (714) 282-1126 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14623899
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Arrive Madrid (2 Nights): Bienvenidos a Madrid. The lively capital of Spain is our launch pad to a memorable encounter with one of Europe's most soulful destinations. Relax in the lush surrounds of Buen Retiro Park, shop up a storm on Gran Via or people-watch over coffee and napolitana con chocolate in Puerta del Sol. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for an orientation drive to see some of the city's most iconic sights, followed by a Welcome Reception.|
Ayre Gran Colon/Meli?? Castilla
|Day 2||Madrid||Toledo Excursion and Madrid Sightseeing: We head to Toledo, the former capital of Spain, where we join a 'Local Specialist' for a walking tour of this city that dates back to Roman times. We'll visit a traditional factory and 'Dive Into Culture', witnessing the age-old inlaid-steel craft, before seeing one of El Greco's most famous paintings in the Church of Santo Tome - 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz'. We'll also visit the synagogue, then return to Madrid where we'll admire the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain with our 'Local Specialist'. Spend the evening on your own, delving into the delicious flavours of Spain's tapas capital.|
|Day 3||Seville||Madrid - Cordoba - Seville (2 Nights): Journeying south through La Mancha, we arrive in Cordoba, once a significant Moorish settlement. Join a 'Local Specialist' to visit the Mosque of the Caliphs and learn about centuries of Moorish rule and its influence on the culture and architecture of the region. We travel to flamboyant Seville, our home for the next two nights. Consider an Optional Experience to see the colourful twirling skirts of a fiery flamenco show or rub shoulders with the Sevillanos in search of delicious tapeo and wine.|
|Day 4||Seville||Seville Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning, we meet our 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour of Seville. View the symbolic Bell Tower of the Giralda, see the Moorish-inspired Maria Luisa Park, with its tiled fountains, pavilions and ponds, and walk through the imposing Plaza de Espana. Marvel at Christopher Columbus's ornate tomb in the cathedral, then take a walk through the former Jewish Quarter. This evening, we 'Connect With Locals', joining the Morillo family for a 'Be My Guest' dinner at their olive oil mill, where you'll learn how oil is produced from their 6,000 trees and get to sample some of their produce.|
|Day 5||Granada||Seville - Granada: Multicultural Granada takes centre stage today, as we visit the magnificent Alhambra in the company of a 'Local Specialist'. A fine example of Moorish architecture, the Alhambra complex was built towards the end of Islamic rule in Spain. Wander through the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the royal Summer Palace, once linked to the other palaces by a covered walkway across the ravine.|
|Day 6||Valencia||Granada - Guadix - Valencia: This morning, we journey via Mora Pass to Guadix in the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. We'll see the whitewashed troglodyte dwellings lodged into the ochre-coloured cliffs of the surrounding area, then travel to Valencia, where we'll see the Bullring and admire its medieval architecture. Embrace the city's spirit of innovation and stop to view the City of Arts and Sciences, a large-scale urban recreation centre for culture and science. This evening, dine at your hotel, and perhaps take to the vibrant streets of the Old Quarter.|
Oceanic/Eurostars Rey Don Jaime
|Day 7||Barcelona||Valencia - Peniscola - Barcelona Sightseeing (2 Nights): Head north, along the coast through the Levant region, and stop at Peniscola, the 'City in the Sea'. View the ancient castle of the 'Spanish Pope', built by the Knights Templar and used in the film, 'El Cid'. Then, journey along the Costa Dorada to Barcelona with its whimsical Gaudi architecture. Admire this famous architect's talents as we view his unfinished La Sagrada Familia, which has been under construction since 1882. See the Placa de Catalunya and pay tribute to the great Christopher Columbus, with your 'Local Specialist'. From the hill of Montjuic, we'll enjoy panoramic views of this enchanting city. Enjoy a free evening to spend as you wish. Ramble through El Born for delicious tapas or consider visiting a Catalan-style restaurant for a delicious dinner of local specialities.|
|Day 8||Barcelona||Barcelona Free Day: Explore centuries of history, contemporary culture and exquisite art and architecture on your day at leisure. Visit Gaudi's fantasy Park Guell, stroll through the enchanting Gothic Quarter or join an Optional Experience to the monastery perched atop Montserrat to see the mystical Black Madonna, the patron saint of Catalonia. This evening, we celebrate a memorable journey through Spain with our newfound friends and Travel Director at a Farewell Dinner with wine.|
|Day 9||Barcelona||Depart Barcelona: For now it's a fond adios to Spain at the end of a memorable holiday. A transfer to Barcelona Airport is available. Conditions apply.|
- Autumn, Winter, Spring (WPWO): Departures from 24 October 2020 to 03 April 2021 are subject to change in price, itinerary and hotels. Prices and discounts will be confirmed in May 2020.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class