Brochure Type: Europe Summer 2021 V2 TTUSAS
A tale of a great emperor and beautiful queen are the highlights of this journey past temples, tombs and antiquities, cruising the mighty river Nile from Luxor to Aswan. Follow the frenetic pace of Cairo, and imagine Alexander the Great and Cleopatra's great Alexandria, today Egypt's cultural capital.
- Explore Cairo and Luxor with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, the Temple of Isis on the island of Philae, the Temples of Kom-Ombo, the temples of Karnak, the Valley of the Kings, Luxor Museum, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and the Colossi of Memnon in Luxor and the Coptic Monasteries in Alexandria
- View the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk in Aswan and the Roman Theatre in Alexandria.
- Sail in a felucca across the Nile
- 8 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Three-night luxury Nile Cruise
- Flight from Cairo to Aswan
- Flight from Luxor to Cairo
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Call (714) 282-1126 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15399938
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairo||Welcome to Cairo: Your encounter with Egypt's ancient past begins in its capital, Cairo. On arrival, transfer to your hotel for a day at leisure.|
|Day 2||Cairo||Discover Colourful Cairo: Enjoy a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum, home of King Tutankhamun's priceless treasures. View one of the seven wonders of the ancient world - the Great Pyramids at Giza, including the Pyramid of Cheops and the Sphinx.|
|Day 3||Aswan||Fly to Aswan and Embark on Your Nile Cruise: We fly to Aswan this morning, where we'll have an opportunity to visit the High Dam before travelling by motorboat to the Temple of Isis on the Island of Philae. Then board a felucca and sail around the Botanical Gardens on Kitchener's Island and see the Aga Khan Mausoleum.|
Nile Cruise MS Miriam, MS Medea or MS Giselle or similar
|Day 4||Kom-Ombo||Journey to Ancient Kom-Ombo: Spend the morning relaxing on your Nile cruise or consider joining an Optional Experience to see the amazing Temple of Ramses II at Abu Simbel. This afternoon, we'll visit the Temple of Kom-Ombo, dedicated to two gods, before returning to our boat for an evening celebration of Egypt's culture and cuisine.|
|Day 5||Luxor||Uncover Luxor's Treasures: Set sail early for Luxor on the banks of the Nile. Here you'll have time to visit the Luxor Museum and see an astounding collection of archaeological treasures, including items from Tutankhamun's tomb.|
|Day 6||Cairo||Disembark and Fly to Cairo: Visit Luxor's ancient Great Temple today before Ancient Thebes takes centre stage as you explore its iconic Valley of the Kings and Luxor's West Bank, Connect With Locals as you enjoy a traditional Be My Guest experience with freshly baked bread, honey and mint tea before exploring the archaeological paradise that is Luxor's West Bank. Marvel at the Colossi of Memnon, the Karnak Temple Complex and Queen Hatshepsut's Temple before your flight to Cairo.|
|Day 7||Alexandria||Onwards to Amazing Alexandria: Journey to the port city of Alexandria, stopping en route at the Coptic Monasteries at Wadi el Natrun (if open). Dinner this evening is at a local restaurant, serving local dishes in an unforgettable seaside setting.|
|Day 8||Cairo||Return to Cairo: Delve into the treasures of Alexander the Great's once-prosperous Mediterranean city. Tour the Roman Amphitheatre and Pompey's Pillar at the ancient acropolis. Visit the Kom El Shoqafa Catacomb and the National Museum, then drive back to Cairo.|
|Day 9||Farewell Egypt||Farewell Egypt: We say a fond farewell to Egypt at the end of our journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Please note: Cruise itineraries on the Nile may vary occasionally according to seasonal circumstances. Visits to sights and highlights will not be affected.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class